Phone apps. There are so many, right? You name it, there’s an app for it.
Ready for a weird confession? I love looking at other people’s phones to see what apps they have. It’s like a tiny peak into their world. Now I get it – phones are sort of a private thing and I promise cross-my-heart I’m not snatching up people’s phones to nose around! But I find it fascinating when I catch a glimpse of people’s phone apps. How do they organize them? What apps are on the bottom menu bar?
In fairness, here are the apps I am loving lately:
- Facebook – Love it or hate it, Facebook is amazing for staying in touch with people! I use it for connecting with friends, family, and coworkers. And cat videos. Duh.
- Instagram – I’m a visual person so I love this app. There are some amazing feeds on Instagram (I Have This Thing With Floors, Celeste Barber, and Tasty As Heck are some current favs).
- A Color Story – This is hands down my current favorite app for editing photos! Makes colors pop and brightens whites.
- Goodreads – I’m not consistent with this app, but I love it. It’s like Facebook meets IMDb for books.
- IMDb – Because I’m obsessed with reading trivia for every episode and movie I watch. (Did you know Alexis Bledel hates coffee? All those Gilmore Girl scenes – she’s drinking Coca Cola. CRAZY.)
- YouTube – Essential for quickly finding Ace’s favorite Yo Gabba Gabba episodes. Or WatchMojo’s top ten lists of 80s music videos. Whatever works, right?
- Podcasts – I’ve been listening to lots of podcasts lately! Whenever I’m doing dishes or driving in the car. (I’m still a newb at podcast-listening though. Send me your recommendations if you have any good ones!)
- WordPress – I do most of my blogging from my laptop, but it’s great to use the app whenever I’m on the go and have a pending post I want to edit or need to check comments, etc…
- Evernote – I used this program years ago and then took a break. The app has since been updated and I’m still exploring its full functionality, but so far I love it. Great virtual notebook. I’ve used it to organize business files as well as for creative writing brainstorming.
- Stylebook – I definitely have not used this app to it’s full potential yet, but I am a huge fan! Basically, this app allows me to create a virtual wardrobe and put together and plan outfits. I can also calculate how much each piece of clothing costs per wear, based on how many times I wear it (nerd alert)! Do I have time to use this app every day? Gosh, no. But I’m slowly working towards a minimalist/capsule wardrobe and this app makes it fun!
- Shopping List – I use this every week to make my grocery list. Love that it syncs with my husband’s phone so I can make the list and then text him to swing by the store on the way home. (My guess is that there are probably other shopping list apps out there that are just as good if not better… Might have to see if an upgrade would be helpful…)
- MileBug – This one is a must for anyone who is self-employed. Trust me, those miles add up and can be a pretty big write-off come tax season.
- Shaklee Connect – I love this for connecting with clients, tracking my monthly earnings, and placing orders.
- Yoga Studio – I’ve recently been getting back into yoga and this app is great for at-home practice. There’s a great mix of classes for a wide range of abilities. And I like the instructor’s voice!
- MyFitnessPal – I don’t count calories all the time since I like to focus more on what I’m eating rather than how much and really listen to my body’s cues. However, whenever I’m trying to reboot my eating after the holidays or make sure I’m getting enough daily protein or water, this is the app I turn to!
I use most of these apps on a daily or weekly basis. What apps do you love? What am I missing? Let me know!