Lately, we’ve been so.very.busy. So I’m thankful for quick and easy snacks that are still nutritious! We love to make protein bites – we like to make big double batches and stick them in the freezer and pretend that they will last us a while. They usually don’t. But that’s okay, because these little bites of deliciousness are healthy and filling!
These protein bites are chock-full of goodness:
- pumpkin – because it’s fall – who doesn’t love pumpkin?
- hearty oats and omega-rich flaxseed meal
- sweet raw honey
- as much or as little pumpkin pie spice as you like
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- non-GMO protein with leucine to protect lean muscle and patented probiotic and prebiotics to keep tummies happy and immune systems powered (yeah, you heard me… these protein bites are GOOD for you! And so tasty!)
- and vegan chocolate chips. because chocolate. always chocolate.
This recipe makes a double batch so you can store extras in your freezer.
Pumpkin Protein Bites
- 2 cups Shaklee Life Shake
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 TBS ground flax
- 6 TBS honey
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (not optional)
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Mix with spoon or by hand.
- Form into balls.
- Eat and enjoy!
I find that when I plan ahead and make time to do little things – like make a batch of protein bites ahead of time – that my day/week/month goes so much better. Healthy habits don’t happen on their own. At least not for me. It’s a constant and recurring choice. I have to ask myself every day “What should I do with this time that will make things better? What’s the next, right step to take?” And sometimes it’s as simple as setting aside all the to-do lists and laundry and emails and clutter. Sometimes taking 15 minutes to create something wholesome is just what I need.
So there ya go. Some random musings for you. I think these protein bites inspire thoughtful reflection!